Friday, July 22, 2011

Heads and Tails

Y'know some days are heads, some are tails.  It's important to have good tools, but most importantly --->  have them on hand.  Found myself on a hot metal roof today and a dozen trips up and down ladder to get what I needed almost led to heatstroke.   It definitely was testing my (infinite) patience and I wanted to throw my drill across the yard.  BUT... updates make it seem worthwhile so here goes:


1)  Reflectors are replaced, Butyl tape tucked around the screw holes.  They are identical to the old ones, using the same "footprint."   Cleaned up metal siding, but weather and time have left their mark here.




Butyl Tape -- like Wrigley's gum




2)  Flooring -- 4 different patterns of vinyl (sheeting and tile) plus scraps of wood to cover various holes.  It tried to beat me but I fought back with my hammer and putty knife.  Paper backing smells musty so the Great Greg sanded it down (think pilled sweater) and vacuumed the crevices for me.  Will bleach it and then put Odo-Ban down.   If all else fails, my fall-back is to coat the floor with polyurethane.


Flooring over the years, before


Paper backing underneath

Old Floor Heater Vent patch -- very sticky glue used here



3)   HENG ceiling vent is in... was supposed to come with screws.  Nope.  Good thing I collect bits of everything in my tool box.  Ended up putting stainless steel screws every other hole after sealing with self-levelling C-40 Flo sealant and Butyl tape. 


Ceiling Vent -- Before




Ceiling Vent After
PIP -- Mr. Quality Control

Hard work is done, GearHead conversion can begin in earnest.  September TinCan Tourists Rally @ Sampson State Park is fast approaching but no worries.  FULL THROTTLE AHEAD.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment